Entry level camera: Nikon D3100
November 12, 2010 Leave a comment
It is time to replace my old Nikon F70. It is still a film based camera. I am happy with this model. But now a days you are forced to upgrade your gadget to follow the recent technology. It is now very difficult to find a store who process your film. Although some people says digital quality is still yet to close the film based quality.
After googling and seeing some options available in the market, it comes to two options: Canon 550D or Nikon D3100. There is good article discuss the comparation between the two (read here). I decided to take the Nikon D3100. This model fullfils my needs for a non-pro like me.
• 14.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor
• 3.0″ LCD monitor (230,000 dots)
• Image sensor cleaning (sensor shake)
• 11 AF points (with 3D tracking)
• IS0 100-3200 range (12,800 expanded)
• HD movies (1080, 720p or WVGA)